Wednesday 24 July 2013

Paul Crook




Paul Edwin Crook. CBE DOS MA.

Surrey 1915- 2004



My commanding officer. Suez and Cyprus.



I saw him several time of course

in Cyprus and the Suez wars.



A veteran of world war two

a professional soldier through and through.



In education a little better than me

he gained a bachelor of arts degree.



I can't remember passing anything

just getting a medal in the boxing ring.



At Suez his officers were great

let me just collate.



I'm in a Valetta plane

my very first military campaign.



I'm sweating, a little nervous too

it could be me bidding life adieu.



The green light, I jump

I get a huge adrenalin pump.



The slipstream, a heavenly ride

I cool down, I can decide.



Tracers, smoke, the control tower ablaze

suddenly it's halcyon days.



Officers standing tall,

nothing to worry about at all.







I'll tell you one thing Paul,

if you go to war give me a call.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEC2iu3umE

No comments:

Post a Comment